Ask yourself this question: As a home business entrepreneur can you really afford to overlook the power of persistence?
The short answer is no.
Although, we know this deep in our hearts, so many would be successful home business entrepreneurs settle for surfing the internet in the search of the next “big money making thing”. They completely overlook the power of developing the proper mindset and skill sets that are necessary for sustainability.
They refuse to buckle their seat belt and commit to playing the long game. As a result, they run the risk of throwing in the towel before they win. Why, because they never truly understood the power, the principle, and passion of persistence. Instead, they saw others’ success on the surface never really understanding how they really got there and ahem…stayed there.
But that’s not you. That’s why you’re reading this article today. You’re smart and you know to build the life and business of your dreams, you’re going to have dig a little deeper and not settle for the get rich quick schemes that are merely “bait” for the opportunity seeker.
What is the meaning of persistence?
The definition of persistence is firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
|synonyms:||perseverance, tenacity, determination, resolve, resolution, resoluteness, staying power, purposefulness, firmness of purpose, patience, endurance, application, diligence, sedulousness, dedication, commitment, doggedness, persistency, pertinacity, assiduity, assiduousness, steadfastness, tirelessness, stamina|
According to Vocabulary.com persistence is simply the ability to stick with something. They use the example of sticking with practicing violin for a year and mastering “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!!”
You get the picture. Persistence is hard. A doing “hard” overtime strengthens your resolve, increases confidence, changes who you are and can ultimately leads to success as a home business entrepreneur.
Often times, the importance of persistence as a key component of success in your home business is widely overlooked. Oddly enough, it may be the single most determinant of your success. You know that any real business undertaking will require a large dose of persistence. Nevertheless, you may not realized just how much persistence is actually required to lay a solid foundation in your home business.
As you remain persistent and overcome challenges you can receive the side benefit of being transformed in every area of your life. The foundation of that success in your home business will be most likely be persistence.
Persistence is simply when you refuse to give in to the threat (real or imagined) of adversity, stand your ground and draw a line in the sand against glaring opposition. As a child you may have heard: “If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.” That is persistence in a nutshell. It’s the innate ability to pick yourself up again and again and go after your dreams.
It’s always been easy to do the things that are fun and natural over the things that are hard and challenging. That’s why the majority of people do just that. But not you!
“Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
5 Ways Persistence will make you a better home business entrepreneur:
- Persistence will help you ditch the short sighted “get-rich-quick” mindset and strive for something so much a better. A get rich quick mentality is usually is a sign of small thinking. It doesn’t hold up under pressure. Big thinkers tend to think long term. Build your home business like a real business that can add value to so many and leave a legacy for your family.
- Persistence will help you Overcome the negative emotions that accompany failure. One of the biggest opponents of success in your home business is negative emotions. These emotions usually manifest as self-doubt and discouragement.
You can even get therapy if it’s that serious but there is help and support for you out there. You don’t have to go it alone. Overcoming these negative emotions will cause you to become much stronger inwardly. This is why persistent people seem so strong. They learn early on how to bench press negative emotions and they develop the muscle to move forward.
- Persistence will cause you search for a community of like minded home business entrepreneurs. Living in this digital age of technology has made this easier than ever. Some examples include: Masterminds, FB groups, Mentoring, and Coaching. Hiring my first coach and joining this community has literally been a complete game changer for me. When you surround yourself with others that are as persistent or even more than you they can pull you up when you get down. They can also provide with a little bit of strategy to help you get you to the next level. That’s sweet.
- Persistence will teach you that you are on a journey to becoming an expert. Everyday you are honing your craft and becoming a master builder in your home business niche.
Mastery takes time and precision, but the rewards are limitless. You are gaining skill sets that set you apart as a leader. Others will begin to seek you out. As a result of your dedication, passion and persistence, you will make a real difference in the lives of many. Think about that the next time you encounter a setback.
- Persistence will make you a better person. Persistence, if you allow it, will transform you into another person. A better, humbler, confident, sharper person. It’s because you are subconsciously whispering to yourself daily: “I believe in you!” and “I am more than enough!” This is what you’re telling yourself every day when you refuse to quit.
It’s unfortunate that many times, we set people up for failure in this home based business space, leading them to believe that it will take minimal time, effort and investment to achieve millionaire status. This may actually happen for some people, however, most will have to put in the work, and be persistent about it. Ask any six figure earner in your home business niche and if they are honest they will tell you it takes persistence to win and keep winning.
I don’t know of one super successful person who has not cultivated the trait of persistence in their life and business. Not one! Chances are, neither do you.
Cultivate the power of persistence and that next success story could be you! 🙂